So, usually the only news I’ve posted on my site has been in regards to my own fiction, but that’s just happened to be because no one has ever sent me stuff to promote. Well, that’s now changed! My friends at Flame Tree Press (home to many of the books I’ve reviewed in the past year, including this week’s Voodoo Heart by John Everson) have sent me over the informational packet regarding their first annual Creepy Carnival. During it, there will be readings, panel discussions, live Q&A, special swag, giveaways, and more — come on, that’s got to excite you. To make things easy, I’ve essentially copied and pasted the important information below. Make sure to follow them on social media for updates on it all.
FLAME TREE LIVE & SPOOKY
Friday October 30, 2020
4pm Eastern Time / 8pm British Time
Facebook Live @ FlameTreePress
YouTube @ Flame Tree Press & Audio
*** RSVP: http://flametr.com/livespooky ***
- The Hellish House of Mirrors – Fresh Perspectives on Mystery, Horror, & Fantasy Fiction: a panel discussion about diversity and storytelling with Catherine Cavendish, V Castro, Faye Snowden, Melissa Prusi, P.D. Cacek, and J.H. Moncrieff
- The Terrifying Twister – A Live Q&A with Jonathan Janz: Hot on the heels of the release of “The Raven”, one of modern horror’s most buzzworthy authors answers questions about his books, writing and influences
- The Fearful Ferris Wheel – The After Sundown Special: Led by anthology editor Mark Morris, a collection of today’s best and brightest writers — CJ Tudor, Robert Shearman and Laura Purcell — chat about influences, writing in lockdown, the real world catching up with fiction
- The Ghoulish Ghost Train – From Pop Culture to Cult Classics: Join authors John Everson, Hunter Shea, Tim Waggoner, and JG Faherty for a lively discussion about horror in books, films, and more
- The Cruel Carousel – Pitching, Querying & Going Beyond the Writer’s Craft: Shopping a manuscript? Considering literary representation? Interested in a peek behind the scenes of the publishing world? Join this insightful and info-packed session with esteemed genre fiction editor Don D’Auria, literary agent and author Anne Tibbetts, and Flame Tree publisher and founder Nick Wells
About the Event
Flame Tree Live & Spooky is set to take place over the course of approximately five (5) hours on Friday October 30, 2020.
A virtual celebration of #spookyseason, Flame Tree’s first annual Creepy Carnival will be simultaneously broadcast on Facebook Live, YouTube, and other platforms, and will feature a range of pre-recorded and livestream sessions with Flame Tree authors, contributors, and team members, as well as a few friends of Flame Tree.
Attendees can expect to tune in for exclusive readings, lively discussions, and live Q&As, as well as the chance to interact directly with their favorite authors, gain knowledge from industry insiders, and to win special swag and prizes from Flame Tree.
Follow Flame Tree Press at www.flametreepress.com and connect on social media @FlameTreePress.